- Dedicated Servers
- Domains and Hosting
- Technical Support
- About Us
- Contact Us
Cambridge Colocation Hosting
From our Cambridge Datacentre, Netservers run our own diversely routed BGP network into our London network PoPs in Telehouse East and Telecity Meridian Gate. Over this network we offer Dedicated Server, Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and co-location hosting at all three sites.
However, our newly upgraded Cambridge facility offers a number of advantages such as lower costs, locality and a high level of on-site support.
Since 1998 Netservers have offered a server colocation service at our Cambridge facility. This service began with a single server we were asked to put online by one of our regular customers. Although never promoted in it own right, between 1998 and 2009 this service continued to grow and has been very successful. Prior to our expansion in 2010, the growth of this facility had been constrained by a lack of available floor space.
Our colocation facility is well placed for companies based in Cambridgeshire and the surrounding East Anglia counties of Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. However, over the years we have taken on customers from across the whole UK and beyond. These range from web design companies, to Voice over IP providers, to multi-nationals and one-man start-ups. Some of these customers also host servers with us in London datacentres. These are a few of the factors our customers say influenced their decision to host their servers with us:
- Unlike other hosting facilities, Netservers only employ knowledgeable and highly skilled engineers
- We are very flexible and are happy to tailor the services we offer to suit the requirements of our customers
- Netservers have a workshop on-site for carrying our server repairs and component replacements
- Many customers prefer to host their servers outside of London for various reasons including accessibility and diversity
Our new facility
In February 2010 Netservers purchased two additional buildings adjacent to our existing offices. These buildings were acquired specifically to enhance and extend our Cambridge colocation facility. With the additional floor space and power that is now available, we are now in a position to provide a much improved service which offers an overall increase in specification and greater resilience.
- Three phase power to each building - direct from the national grid
- Diesel Generator with auto-start and 24 hour fuel tank, which can be refueled while running
- Award Winning Riello UPS based power-protection
- N+1 eco-friendly cooling system
- Low cost hosting starting from £29 pcm per server (1U, 2U or 3U+) or £595 pcm per full rack
- Inclusive Internet bandwidth (IPv4 and IPv6) over our diversely routed BGP network with multiple Tier 1 carriers
- APC remote power control supplied as standard with every rack
- Free FireRack firewalling
We are also able to offer our customers with technical assistance designing and building resilient systems and disaster recovery services. We can provide Cambridge and London businesses with their own dedicated circuit from their office into our Cambridge datacenter giving them direct access to their servers, high-speed Internet connectivity and managed private networks. Please see our price list or contact us to discuss your requirements.
We are also happy to accommodate 3rd party telco circuits for customers who wish to bring in their own connectivity into their racks. The site is currently on-net for fibre from SSE Telecom, Virgin Media and BT Openreach.
IP Version 6
All our customers get as many real (public), statically-assigned IPv4 addresses as they require * as standard.
Additionally, we can provide native IPv6 addresses which run in parallel with your IPv4, at no extra charge. This is known as 'dual-stack' configuration. There is a global shortage of IPv4 addresses and the central IANA registry ran out early 2011. The RIPE registry is expected to run out soon. As IPv4 resources run out IPv6 only networks will emerge. Dual-stack hosting from Netservers will future proof your business by allowing your servers to be reached from the old IPv4 only and new IPv6 only networks. Please visit the 6UK site for more information on the business case for IPv6.
* as per RIPE assignment policy